Starting from our own environmentally responsible farming methods, we are deeply considerate of our people, environment and surroundings, integrating the following:
- “Beyond Sustainable Farming”, which includes only 3 months of growing per year.
- 9 months of soil resting per year.
- Introduction of the tobacco stems into the soil post harvest.
- Introduce soybean and other nutrition elements to the soil during resting.
- All irrigation is using the natural Guayas river water located on our farm.
- Never have and never will participate in farm/ field burning.
- All farm employees have guaranteed work free weekends.
- Optional on farm housing for farm employees at no cost.
- No chemical weight spraying on our tobacco.
Factory social responsibility:
By integrating the most technically sophisticated rolling method in the industry, our factory employs skilled labor at higher skilled labor rates. By employing skilled labor and highly trained workers we assure a livable wage for all of our workers.
- Our factory guarantees work free weekends.
- Our factory aggressively opposes child labor.
- Additional tobacco used in our factory is grown by indigenous peoples of Ecuador. Our factory uses only fair trade practices, supporting the indigenous local trading communities.
- In keeping an environmentally conscious approach, all ACC packaging is locally produced in the markets which it is sold. This helps to avoid long distance travel, reducing fossil fuel waste.
- ACC packaging uses recyclable post consumer packaging paper, environmentally conscious woods that are only from forests which have strict controls, planting more tress than are cut from the forests.
- ACC promotes natural and healthy methods of production and the amelioration of both the workers health and the health of the environment.